Netflix has so much content that subscribers will never be able to watch it all, especially with new content being added on a daily basis. Filtering out what you watch to value your time is the best way to get the most out of Netflix. While watching the top ten movies is fun. Watching top finance educational movies is a great way to learn and expand your knowledge.
Top 10 Finance Educational Movies
Here is a list of the top ten financial documentaries that I believe are educational, informative, and occasionally entertaining.
- Betting on Zero: It dives deep into the complicated world of Herbalife. An international nutritional products company accused of being a pyramid scheme, as well as Bill Ackman’s large stock short-selling bet on the company.
- Hank: 5 Years on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown: This documentary explains how Hank Paulson orchestrated the $1 trillion banking bailout in 2008.
- Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room: This film looks into the Enron fraud and the culture of financial deception.
- Inside Job: An examination of the causes and consequences of the financial crisis of 2008.
- Dirty Money: The series Dirty Money exposes corruption and greed in the pursuit of money.
- Boom Bust Boom: Examine the strengths and weaknesses of the US economy in Boom Bust Boom.
- Banking on Bitcoin: The Bitcoin Story
- Goldman Sachs the Bank that Runs the World: This documentary is a case study of the multinational power of the world’s most powerful bank, how it began, and what its power means to everyone. The film is in French with English subtitles.
- Steve Jobs: Man in the Machine is a documentary about the late Apple CEO Steve Jobs’ personal and professional life.
- The Pit: This 2009 documentary gives an up-close and personal look at how traders traded ten years ago.
For anyone who already has a Netflix subscription, this is a lot of content. These are likely to appeal to those who enjoy financial markets.